Common sense for breastfeeding a new baby
Faced with the little mouths waiting to be fed, many mothers feel at a loss. After all, they have no previous experience of feeding these angels. In fact, it is a very natural experience to start breastfeeding a newborn. Every great mother can use her milk to keep her baby healthy and beautiful.
The first breastfeeding should be "three mornings"
Early contact: After childbirth, the mother-to-child skin contact should start within 30 minutes after birth, and the contact time should not be less than 30 minutes.
After childbirth, you can take your baby with you to keep the mother and child on a blind date. It will give you psychological comfort after a long period of labor and delivery, and it will also make your newborn baby appear quiet quickly when in contact with the skin. This measure not only promotes the close emotional connection between mother and baby, but also enables the newborn to suck Ability is formed as soon as possible.
Early sucking: Start sucking the mother's breast within 30 minutes after birth.
In the first hour after delivery, most newborns are very interested in breastfeeding or caressing, and it is appropriate to use this time to initiate breastfeeding. Sucking breast milk as early as possible will leave a strong memory for the baby so that he can suck well in the future. Because the baby sucks the nipple as soon as possible, it can make the mother produce more oxytocin and prolactin. The former enhances uterine contraction and reduces postpartum hemorrhage, while the latter stimulates the mammary alveoli, which can lead to early breast filling.
Early feeding: The first feeding time is within 30 minutes after delivery.
The baby can get colostrum early by feeding on the milk and get the first immunization early. The first milk produced by the breast is called colostrum, which is a yellow or clear syrup-like liquid. Colostrum is rich in protein and antibodies, which can protect newborn babies from infection. It can also help excrete meconium from the body and clean the intestines.
Let the baby eat milk smoothly
1. Hold the breast with one hand, put the thumb on top and the other fingers below. Then use your nipple or finger to tap gently from the baby's nose to the upper lip, which can induce him to open his small mouth.
2. When the baby opens his mouth, gradually move the baby closer to the breast. When the baby opens his mouth, send the nipple and areola (the black area around the nipple) into the mouth, which is called nipple. His mouth can naturally hold the nipple and most of the areola.
3. When the baby has finished eating the milk from one breast, gently put your finger into the corner of the baby's mouth and pull it towards the ears (so that it will not hurt the baby) to stop the baby from sucking.
Don’t forget to hiccup your baby after eating
If the baby cries or swallows air while feeding, the swallowed air fills the stomach, which will make the baby feel full and discomfort. Therefore, it is necessary to help the baby to expel the air after the breastfeeding, or it will appear suddenly. Your milk and crying during sleep will make you frantic. There are several ways to help your baby hiccup. You can experiment to find out the most effective method for your baby:
1. Headrest and shoulders: Hold your baby with your little butt, rest his head on your shoulders, use your other hand to stroke or pat the lower part of his back until you hear hiccups the sound of.
2. Sit on your knees: Let your baby sit on your knees sideways, place your thumb and index finger under his chin, hold his chest with the palm of your hand, and pat his back with the other hand until Hear hiccups.
3. Lie on your legs: Let your baby lie face down on your thighs, with your head facing out, one leg is slightly raised, so that the head is slightly raised (legs are stacked or one foot is On the stool). Hold the baby with one hand on the hip, and pat his back with the other hand until you hear a hiccup.