How many days can a baby's nasal congestion get better?
Baby's stuffy nose usually gets better in a few days
Each baby’s physical condition is different. When there is a stuffy nose, it should be decided according to personal status. During this period, if the baby chooses medicine for treatment, it usually takes about a week for the stuffy nose to get better, but if you choose a physical one The method to improve nasal congestion is not fixed time.
The indoor air temperature and humidity should be appropriate. As long as it does not affect the child's milk and sleep, it usually does not require treatment and will soon heal itself.
Baby stuffy nose how to do
1. Warm and wet towels:
If the nasal mucosa is congested and swollen due to colds and other conditions, a warm and moist towel can be applied to the base of the nose to relieve it.
2. Breast milk nasal drops:
If it is caused by a blockage of secretions, a drop of breast milk can be dripped into the baby's nasal cavity, and the secretions can be discharged by themselves after they soften. You can also use a thin cotton swab dipped in a little water to probe into the nostril and gently rotate it to roll up the nasal secretions and drag it out with the cotton swab. If the nasal secretions have become hard scabs, gently move the hard scabs with a cotton swab to remove the dry secretions from the nasal mucosa, so that the nasal secretions can move back and forth with breathing, causing itching and irritating the baby to sneeze and dry. Secretions can be discharged from the nasal cavity with breathing.
3. Nasal aspirator:
Mom can use a Baby Nasal Aspirator to suck away nasal fluid and mucus on a regular basis, but don't use too much force, just suck it gently.
4. Diligent cleaning and sanitation:
In order to reduce allergens in the home, parents have to change sheets frequently and vacuum frequently, which can reduce the baby's nasal allergies.
How to tell if the baby has a stuffy nose
Whether to breathe with mouth
One of the easiest and obvious ways to determine whether a baby has a stuffy nose is to check whether the baby is breathing through his mouth.
Because most people, including babies, use their noses to breathe. If the nose is not clear, they will use their mouths to breathe. Therefore, whether the baby breathes through the mouth is a criterion for judging whether the baby has a stuffy nose.
Does the nose make a whirring sound?
Another basis for judging whether a baby has a stuffy nose is whether there is a whistling sound on the baby's nose.
1. The appearance of this sound indicates that the baby's nose is not breathing smoothly, just like a tuyere is so narrow that a stone is blocked in the middle, the sound of the wind will become intermittent.
2. In this case, the clothes generally block the baby's nasal passage, and the baby opens a little nasal passage by breathing vigorously through the nose, so the nostril has whirring sounds.
Whether there is nasal scab in the nose
The baby's nasal mucosa is edema, and there is no secretion blockage in the nasal passage, which is what people often call nasal scab. Parents can use a flashlight to check whether the baby’s nose has scabs.
1. Use a wet towel to heat the base of the baby's nose, and the congestion can be temporarily relieved. If you have nasal mucus, use a soft towel or gauze to moisten it, twist it into a cloth twist, and gently put it into the baby's nasal passage;
2. Slowly turn the cloth twist in the opposite direction, and pull it out while turning, so that the nasal mucus can be taken out of the nasal passage, so that it will not hurt the baby's nasal cavity, which is much safer than using a cotton swab.