How to teach children to respect others?
1. Show respectful behavior
We generally don't show our children the kind of respect we ask him to do, because parenting can sometimes make people lose their patience. But, show your respect for him and try to listen to what he wants to say to you.
2. Teach polite responses
A child can show care and respect for others through good manners, as long as he can communicate in words, teach him to say "please" and "thank you", and explain to him when these two sentences should be used.
Sometimes children will deliberately attract your attention.
3. Don't overreact
If your child tells you to have a bowel movement, don't be angry, because he just wants to provoke your attention with these behaviors. Try to explain to him how he should respect others to get what he wants.
4. Expected opinions differ
If children are always willing to accept our requirements, life will be much easier, but this is not human nature. Remember, he just has a different opinion from you, teach him how to express his thoughts politely.
5. Establish restriction rules
Another best way to show respect is to set limits. When a child loses his temper, he just ignores it, and slowly he will know that he can't get what he wants if he loses his temper.
6. Discuss inappropriate behavior
When you and your child have calmed down, try to discuss these inappropriate behaviors. You can identify with his emotions, respect him, and ask him to tell the reason for his unhappiness. If your child gets your respect, he will naturally share it with you.
7. Praise and respectful behavior
If the child has done a respectful behavior, praise him and clearly describe his good behavior. It's like "When you want to drink juice, you say please, it's awesome."
What is the specific training method
1. In daily life, when encountering people from different industries, such as bus drivers, kindergarten teachers, supermarket cashiers, police officers, etc., parents can let their children observe their labor content.
Parents can introduce their children to the knowledge to be mastered in this labor, and let the children talk about what services these people provide to the society through observation, and how would we be affected without their labor, so that the children can learn on the basis of understanding respect.
2. For industries that children cannot touch, parents should introduce to their children through the work results of the industry, so as to give him a comprehensive understanding of all walks of life in the society, such as: introduce the work of architects and construction workers through architecture. Books introduce the work of editors and writers, introduce the work of actors through TV programs, and even introduce the research and exploration of scientists through the vast universe...
Let the children know that our current lives are created by people from different industries through hard work, and we must respect workers in all industries.
3. Let the children learn to respect the specific small things. Remind children to use polite language when they need help from others, such as: "Auntie, please..." After others provide help to themselves, they should say "Thank you".
In addition, it is necessary to respect the work results of others, such as: not littering is to respect the performance of sanitation workers; not to scribble on buildings when visiting is to respect the performance of architects and construction workers, etc.