How to use baby nasal aspirator
1. Pour warm water into the small washbasin, soak the small towel, wring it out, and place it on the nasal cavity with a hot and wet compress.
2. You can also use a thin cotton stick to moisten a little warm water (throw off the water droplets to prevent the baby from inhaling), and gently moisten the outer third of the nasal cavity, being careful not to make it too deep to avoid causing discomfort to the baby;
3. When using the Baby Nasal Aspirator, Mommy first pinch the ball of the nasal aspirator to expel the air in the soft capsule, and hold it without letting go.
4. Gently fix the baby's head with one hand, and gently put the nasal aspirator into the baby's nasal cavity with the other hand.
5. Loosen the soft sac to suck out the dirt, and repeat it several times until it is clean.
How to see the quality of the nasal aspirator
Type of choice
There are several types of infant nasal aspirators, such as pump type, electric type, and suction type. The pump type is relatively small and easy to carry, but the suction is not easy to control, and the suction head is relatively slender, and it is easy to get hurt when the baby moves. The electric operation is simple, but there is noise, which can easily affect the baby's mood. The suction nasal aspirator can prevent backflow and is controlled by the suction power of the mother's mouth. The suction power is easy to control and more convenient to use. It is recommended that mothers choose this.
The shape of the tip
The tip is the end inserted into the baby's nostril. When choosing a nasal aspirator, first look at the shape of the suction tip. The contact area between the suction tip and the lower part of the nose should be large, so that it can fit better and be easily inserted into the nostril. The suction tip should not be too long, otherwise it will easily damage the baby's nasal cavity. Some nasal aspirators use a U-shaped mouth, which is not easy to touch the wall of the nasal cavity and has a better protective effect. Some suction tips have a small contact area with the skin, and the shape is unreasonable, and it is easy to reach the baby. It is best not to choose this.
The round hole of the suction head of the nasal aspirator determines the effect of snot suction. The size of the round hole should be moderate. If the round hole is too large, it will enlarge the baby’s nostril and make the baby feel very uncomfortable. If the round hole is too small, although it can protect the baby’s small nostril, the mother will use it. It will be more laborious and requires a lot of suction, and if the baby’s nasal cavity has a dry nasal scab, it will block the round hole.
The baby's nose is very delicate, and if the material of the suction tip is not good, it will damage the nasal mucosa. When choosing a nasal aspirator, you should choose a material that is very soft, non-irritating, safe and environmentally friendly. The best material on the market is generally soft silicone, which is safe and healthy, and more suitable for babies. When choosing, mothers can pinch the tip with their hands to test the softness. The harder can not be selected. The baby will easily move, and the hard material will hurt the nasal cavity.
Precautions for the use of baby nasal aspirator
1. Before inserting the soft mouth into the baby's nostrils, the rubber pump must be compressed. If the rubber pump is compressed after the soft mouth is inserted into the nostril, it may cause damage to the nostril membrane.
2. If there is suppuration, scars, or nosebleeds in the baby's nasal cavity, avoid using a nasal aspirator.
3. Do not insert the nasal tube forcefully into the baby's nasal cavity.
4. Don't pull the straw forcibly, and don't poke it with sharp instruments.
5. Before each use and at the end of use, carefully clean the nasal aspirator, and assemble and store it in time after drying it.
6. It can be disinfected by boiling, liquid medicine, microwave oven, etc.